Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Kitchen is Busy!



Well the cat is out of the bag. I'm writing a cook book. Hopefully that will put me at another level of commitment. It will be filled with family recipes, the mountain lore I was brought up on and a lot of southern stuff, I love the southern stuff. Just today when I had to pick up some yeast, the clerk handed me my change and said, "there you go sweetie." Now she is a real southern girl!
So here is what Bob and I were eatin' in the kitchen tonight. We had Oven Beef Stew with brown rice. This is a recipe I have used for several years. It has lots of flavor and it fits into this antique dish my mother in law gave me. This old pot goes into the oven and it is good enough to be placed on the table.
We also had Squash Biscuits. Not so sure if they will make the cook book, I will have to tweak the recipe.
Well now to clean the kitchen and to go back to typing more recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie this is so ironic, I was just thinking recently about you writing a cook book... My best to you as you take this new journey, I know it will be a success, and I want one of the first signed copies.~grin~
    This looks so yummy, If you want two test taster besides pastor, let us know.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails