Friday, September 2, 2011

Go Green!

Yes tonight we went green in the kitchen! I know it is Friday date night, football night, movie night and its a holiday weekend, but we are pooped! So we stayed home and I serve Green Rice.
It is a really good dish... really. It may be hard to convince you kids because it does have lots of vegetables. This dish was filled with brown rice, broccoli, celery, and jalapeno peppers. All the green vegetables makes the dish have a green color, so that is why it is called Green Rice. I used hamburger but you could use chicken as well. There plenty of cheese and to top it off I put fresh cilantro on top. All you need to add to is corn on the cob, coleslaw or a tossed salad.
I hope all of you have a great Labor Day weekend and stay safe. We get to celebrate Ian's 3rd birthday this weekend, he told me he would be 16! That will be here before we can turn around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails