Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Brine Sublime!

I am stuffed tonight! I made baked chicken and it was good! I don't brine, I have used brine for a turkey before. I don't know why I don't always do this because it makes all the difference in the world. All it takes is some time. I am sure you can find a lot of different recipes for brine in the Internet and better than the one I used. I used a simple brine of just 1 cup salt to 5 quarts water, that's it. You will need a very tall pot to put everything in. After you have placed the brine and the chicken in the pot, place it in the fridge for 6 to 8 hours.
When it is time to cook, rinse the chicken and place it in a baking dish. I don't think you need to add anymore salt. Just add some garlic, onion, rosemary, lemon or whatever you would like to add to your chicken for added flavor. Then just place it in the oven and when it is ready you will have a very tasty and juicy bird!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails